Thursday, July 17, 2008
It's ON!
Well after going back and forth over summer vacation plans we finally have it all worked out. The problem was that we love boating at Trinity Lake. There is an awesome place we stay, it's so peaceful and family friendly and we had reservations there this summer. However, the lake is low, so low that right now the level is where it usually is in October. Now Trinity is a big lake, the problem is that when it's low it gets full of debris. We also called and talked to the resort owners and they said that the air quality is poor because of all the California fires. Thus we began a search for a new destination. We were getting discouraged thinking that boating was going to be scrapped altogether. We were having trouble finding open reservations this late and also a place with all the amenities we're used to. Then we came across Bass Lake. It's smaller, but still beautiful and most importantly it's level is 100% and no fires nearby. Another BIG bonus is that Yosemite Valley is only 40 minutes away. So here's where we'll be mid-August...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No way! I am so jealous. I am glad that you were able to get a spot up there. It's probably been close to 10 years since our trip up there, I've been dying to go back. I am glad you guys are getting the chance!
That looks great!!!! Enjoy !!!
Post a Comment