I vowed I would not be like that. My subsequent children would get every bit the same amount of thought and preparation as the first. Wrong.
Our 3rd is having his third birthday today. His baby book is filled out up until year one. I have no 3rd birthday check up scheduled nor a portrait session. I've done pretty well with taking pictures of him, but I highly doubt it's as many as Mia had by her 3rd birthday.
So I was wrong about being able to keep up with the 1st, but I have learned it doesn't mean we love him any less. He actually has more love showered upon him being the third because his whole life he's had a big sister and a big brother that love him dearly. That is one thing the first child does not have on the third.
Noah is a wonderful, shy, funny, stubborn and happy boy. Our family wouldn't be the same without him. I love how independent he is. As soon as he learns how to do something he no longer allows me to do it for him. He also doesn't want to be 3 he wants to skip right to 4 because that's how old his brother is. However, he is not too independent for cuddles and kisses which he loves to give as much as get. Noah the 3rd, holds a special place in our family and will always be our baby.
One week birthday
First birthday
Second birthday
Almost third birthday
2 comments:
I just love that little cuddle bug! Happy Birthday Noah!
Get Out! I can't believe how big that kid is!
Post a Comment