I also want to say how much I love being a mother. I sometimes get down on myself for being "just a mom," but then I am reminded about what an important and special job it truly is. Mother's are becoming just as scarce a resource as other basic needs. Society (US society in particular) has devalued the roles of mothers that it is making women feel ashamed to want to give up careers and be home with their children. We need to let our children know that being a mother is just as valuable a career as a CEO of a big company. I do not want my daughter to feel like she is wasting her life if she chooses motherhood over a job. Careers, even when fulfilling, are short sided. One day you will retire and that job will be over. You never retire from being a mother. Not this life or the next. And because I love being a mother that thought gives me great happiness and comfort.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
It's still Mother's Day!
There's less than three hours left, but I had to let our mothers know how loved they are. They are wonderful examples and Aaron and I think they did a great job raising us. Happy Mother's Day to ALL women out there!
I also want to say how much I love being a mother. I sometimes get down on myself for being "just a mom," but then I am reminded about what an important and special job it truly is. Mother's are becoming just as scarce a resource as other basic needs. Society (US society in particular) has devalued the roles of mothers that it is making women feel ashamed to want to give up careers and be home with their children. We need to let our children know that being a mother is just as valuable a career as a CEO of a big company. I do not want my daughter to feel like she is wasting her life if she chooses motherhood over a job. Careers, even when fulfilling, are short sided. One day you will retire and that job will be over. You never retire from being a mother. Not this life or the next. And because I love being a mother that thought gives me great happiness and comfort.


I also want to say how much I love being a mother. I sometimes get down on myself for being "just a mom," but then I am reminded about what an important and special job it truly is. Mother's are becoming just as scarce a resource as other basic needs. Society (US society in particular) has devalued the roles of mothers that it is making women feel ashamed to want to give up careers and be home with their children. We need to let our children know that being a mother is just as valuable a career as a CEO of a big company. I do not want my daughter to feel like she is wasting her life if she chooses motherhood over a job. Careers, even when fulfilling, are short sided. One day you will retire and that job will be over. You never retire from being a mother. Not this life or the next. And because I love being a mother that thought gives me great happiness and comfort.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Loved your post :) You're a wonderful mom! You are very blessed to be able to stay with you children. They are going to have so many wonderful memories and relationship with you!
xoxoxo
Post a Comment