Monday, June 4, 2012
Up and running
So it's been a while for more than a couple of reasons, but I won't go in to detail. We have been up to a lot and I have a lot to make up so I'll just get started.
First, we went on an awesome trip to Oahu. Aaron and me, plus the kids, Aaron's parents and his sister. Originally, I was waiting to get the photos taken by others in the group since I didn't take my camera everywhere, but I decided it would be too many pictures for one post anyway, so I'll go ahead with the pics I took.
We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. They are right on the beach and have awesome pools with waterslides, plus a saltwater lagoon. We didn't even have to leave the place, but we did. We took the scenic drive across the island to one of the most beautiful beaches in America (says Dr.Beach), Lani Kai. The sand was like powder sugar and the water was turquoise, everything you see in a Hawaiian postcard. The other picture perfect outing was to Hanauma Bay where there is some of the best snorkeling in all of the Hawaiian Islands thanks to it be a protected nature perserve. The kids didn't even have to go waist deep to see fish. We took a lot of walks, walks around the hotel grounds, walks along the beach, walks to the market place, walks to other beaches besides Waikiki. The highlights were definitely Lani Kai beach and seeing Mia get up on a surf board. We had a great time, and a lot of fun being with our family in paradise.
Lani Kai beach:
Family dinner @ Cheeseburger in Paradise
Another family dinner right on the beach
Hanauma Bay
Walking to the International Market.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've been waiting forever for these! Looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment