I LOVE the Olympics. I remember watching them growing up. I remember seeing Greg Louganis and Mary Lou Retton and Jackie Joyner Kersee. I swear my but has not come off the couch since Friday when it all began in London. Besides swimming, diving, track and gymnastics, this time I'm also following women's soccer and beach volleyball. I'm constantly tearing up too. I will admit though I am such a cheater. I cannot wait and watch the games when they are broadcast. I constantly check this website all morning for the results. I always watch how it goes down later, but I can't handle the suspense. For instance, tonight, during the women's gymnastics team final I would have had a heart attack or walked out of the room if I hadn't known the results already. I don't tell a soul, but knowing the results I can sit back and just enjoy or focus on what went wrong. I love it!! I love the USA, through triumphs and failures it makes me so proud to be a citizen of this country. I especially love it when my kids jump on the couch chanting U-S-A!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wish we could watch with you guys! This has been the least productive week of my life!
Post a Comment