Sorry, it's been pretty crazy around here, so I haven't been on the computer much. I haven't picked up the camera ever since we were demo-ing, so no more pictures to update. It's coming along pretty smoothly except the tile for the master bath has been a pain in my rear end. We'll probably start physically moving in two weeks and be fully in by 3 weeks. I promise pictures of the progress...soon! We were able to catch a lot of the olympics, my favorites are swimming, gymnastics and track. Beach volleyball was pretty cool too. And there's NO way all those Chinese gymnasts are 16. Hmmm, I wonder why all their ID's checked out???????
Mia started 1st grade yesterday-I couldn't even remember my camera for that. She's in a 1st/2nd grade split class which I was a little nervous about, but she doesn't seem too concerned. I talked to the principal (who is totally awesome by the way) and she said that because Meadow Heights is a smaller school ALL the kids have a turn in a split class one year or another. I won't bore you with anymore details, but she did a good job reassuring me. Mia also had her first day of soccer with her new team yesterday. I was hoping for a more "girly" color since she is my only girl and she ended up with an electric green jersey. And instead of at least having a cutesy name like "the lucky charms" or "the peppermint patties" the girls voted on "The Stinging Serpents" I was amazed. All the girls on the team are just 6-8, I thought the world was still all about unicorns and rainbows, not serpents. Whatever. GO Serpents!!
Another thing that has been keeping me busy is I was offered a job with my previous employer who I taught preschool for. I am going to be teaching a 3-4 year old class Mon-Thur. mornings. Kai will be in the Mon/Wed. class with me. I'll be done early enough to pick Mia up from school even on her minimum day. It's only about 12 hours in the classroom and then around 2-3 hours of prep work a week. The prep work for the first day of school is killing me right now. The program has gotten a lot more polished and professional than the more Park and Rec"ish" program I left five and half years ago. Anyway, I still have so many calendars, sign ups and parent letters to do and school starts on Tuesday.
There is just too much going on right now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I tried to leave this comment last night, but it was being weird. So let's try today. I don't know how Mia's school does it, but when we make combo classes at my school, the students are hand picked and the students who are the higher performing, more independent workers are the ones chosen for combos, so it could be saying a lot that she was chosen for a combo. We just made a 1/2 combo at my school today and school starts Tuesday! Nothing like last minute registering!
Hey! Well hard to believe Mia already started 1st grade...but that is awesome :) Love the soccer team name ;) So cute! Go Serpeants! haha Also...congrats on the job!!! Way to go! You'll have to fill me in on how it is going and everything. :) What will you do with Noah? Is he going there too? Congrats and holy cow you're busy!
miss and love you ;) I'll text you later ;) xoxo
Ok so here are the boring details :) At Mia's school they put kids who are at grade level or just above in split classes so the teacher doesn't have to do so much adapting of the curriculum since she's already got two curriculums to teach. There's less of a variance of student levels in a split class than a straight 1st or 2nd grade.
Noah and Kai are going to be watched by our cousin, but she just told me she is pregnant so I am going to have to find a new sitter for April/May.
lots going on over there!!!!! good luck with the house!I can't imagine!
wow super mom!!k
Post a Comment