So as you're driving through the streets of San Francisco in a beautiful neighborhood on your way back to your accomodations that have a view of Golden Gate Park and also will bring all your meals to your room you would think we had a pretty nice weekend, right? I would love to tell you that we did except that our accomodations were at the childrens hospital. Kai had a dramatic asthma attack. He was okay one minute and then the next thing you know we're at the doctor's office with them telling us he's about to slip into a coma. I don't think this is something I'll ever get used to. I always kind of shrug off asthma as a controllable condition, therefore no big deal. Well not the case for Kai. All the doctor's keep saying it will get better as he gets older, We'll just be happy when hospital visits will go down from 2-3 times a year to once a year or if we're lucky every other year! Whenever Kai's asthma starts acting up, Aaron always says "geez, I was never this bad." Then his mom will arrive to babysit the other kids and she'll say "this is just like how Aaron was." Obviously Aaron's memory is a little blurry because as a mother I know this is not a feeling I'll likely forget 10, 20 or 50 years from now. On the bright side Aaron promised a real night in the City for the two of us now that we're home and Kai's recovering. For now I would be happy just to get out for two hours to go see the new 007.
Sorry, I haven't been a great blogger lately, our internet is down and Aaron's just admitted he can't figure it out, so we have to call in the professionals.
Also I have to give shout outs to two of my siblings blogs. If you haven't checked out Rhett or Whitney's blogs yet, you simply must click here and here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well, I 'm glad to hear he is better. I've been thinking about you all the entire weekend!
Enjoy your nightout you definitely deserve it ;)
Miss and love you guys!
scary stuff!!!Poor guy! I hope he grows out of it sooner then later!!!! For all your sakes! That's too scary!!!
Ahhh! So so so sorry Julie! Please give that guy tons of kisses from us! We're praying for you :-)
Post a Comment