Sunday, February 22, 2009

Most important meal of the day.


Mmmm! Breakfast. I love breakfast. I love big heaping breakfasts and simple sweet breakfasts. I love pancakes, french toast, waffles, muffins, donuts, scones, danish, fruit plates, cereal, hash browns, bacon, sausage, biscuits, toast, and bagels. I love when my bacon falls into my syrup, what an awesome combination. I love when my kids have stuffed themselves so full of pancakes that their faces smell like syrup all day.
One very common breakfast dish that does get in my way is eggs. BLECH! I don't like eggs in any way, shape or form. They are on the top of my worst food list along with peas. Other than that breakfast makes my day. I'll lay in bed some nights thinking about how big of a breakfast I would like to make in the morning-last night was one of those nights, hence this post. I love making breakfast and usually I don't really like to cook. We have breakfast for dinner at least once a month too. The smell of breakfast is especially yummy, sweet and savory at the same time. Not only do I love making breakfast, but I love going out to breakfast. When someone suggests it, I jump all over that opportunity. One of my favorite places for breakfast is Mimi's Cafe. We just discovered a new place called Pilgrims Kitchen & Bakery. It has wonderful danishes, donuts, pies and hot cocoa.
Most mornings I end up with toast and chocolate milk, but I sure do look forward to the weekends when I know I'll have time to make a least a little something extra.

6 comments:

AnieCooper said...

You are too funny! Breakfast sure is yummy ;)Maybe one of the times you are down we will do breakfast instead of dinner ;) HAHA Hope to soon call and tell you sophia is on her way/here...I'm so over being pregnant! haha

love u!

The Pancake Master said...

How do you prepare/prefer French Toast if you "don't like eggs in any way, shape, or form"? I won't even touch the other items in your long (and delicious) breakfast-food list that contain eggs. Hah!

-Cousin Robert

Becca said...

I'm so with you!I could go out and eat me up a grand slam any time of day! Hash browns, sausage syrup! does it get any better!

Julie said...

Okay, so my french toast has to have a very light coating of egg :P and it's one thing I don't order when I go out because there is way to much "egg goop".
And the not liking eggs in any way is referring to them as a side/main dish. Mix them in a cake, muffins or cookies then I'm cool with the incredible edible egg. Quiche and omlettes, absolutely not.

Julie said...

Oh, and Anie, we are so going out to breakfast now.

Maria and Ryan said...

I love breakfast foods, but I mostly like them for dinner. I never take the time to make a big breakfast, especially since Ryan isn't very into it. But French Toast is totally my favorite--with powdered sugar...yum yum yummy! Someday when you guys come visit us, remind me that you love breakfast, so that we don't skip it :-D Lots of love!