Thursday, May 28, 2009

I did it!




I finished War and Peace. I can't believe it! If you remember this you know how difficult it was for me to get through. It took me two months and one week to read it cover to cover and was completely worth it. I think when something is hard for you and you master it, it is just a little bit closer to your heart. I somehow feel more accomplished having that in my literary arsenal. Even though it's fiction, I learned a lot about actual Russian events and Napoleon. I don't know what's next on my reading list, but I'm ready to start something new. And I finished the Shopaholic series a month ago-pretty good, but my favorite of all Sophie Kinsella's novels is definitely Can You Keep a Secret?

2 comments:

AnieCooper said...

You make me want to read more ;) I say I don't have time, but somehow you have 3 kiddos and have time. I have 1...therefore I should have some time right ;)

Maria and Ryan said...

I'm so proud of you Julie! It's a hard one to get through sometimes, but isn't it an awesome book? I like Anna Karenina even better. Way better in fact. You should try Silas Marner. I think you might like it...