Thursday, January 7, 2010

A peek into 2010.

Am I the only one who can't live without an old fashioned wall calendar? I love walking into the makeshift calendar stores set up for the holidays and laughing at all the dog calendars, marveling at all the art calendars and drooling over all the places I'd love to visit in the destinations calendars. I love going back after Christmas to buy my now 50% off calendar, taking it home, peeling off the sticky plastic and going through all the months. I write down all the birthdays, holidays and appointments in my real, live, non computerized, calendar.
I realized we're gearing up for another big year as I finished dating my calendar this week and wanted to mention a few of the things we're looking forward to this year.
This is the calendar that will hang on our kitchen wall for 2010:



February: Noah turns 3 and we'll be celebrating Papa David's 60th birthday with a trip to Tahoe!
March: Aaron has his "big V" scheduled. If you don't know what a big V is just think permanent birth control (I'm serious about stopping at 3)! I turn 31-not really a big deal, but I'm adding everyone else's bdays.
April: Easter in Yosemite, can't wait for an egg hunt in the valley. Mia turns 8!
May: Mia gets baptized :) Our 3rd nephew(Sarah's baby) is due. Aaron turns 35!
June: Trip to SoCal to meet the newest family member. Trip to Lake Shasta with lots of family:)
July: Kai is a half decade old, turning the big 5!
August: Mia starts 3rd grade (how can we be that old)!
September: No more babies, eveyone's in school now! Noah starts pre-school, Kai starts pre-k. Aaron and I celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary, hopefully with a trip to Hawaii, New York or Europe. We have to take advantage of our flight benefits while we have them!

That's 2010 so far. There's more plans to be made, but that's as far as I can see into the future. If anyone wants to plan a trip to San Francisco you have a place to stay and we'd love to add you to our calendar :)

2 comments:

The Pancake Master said...

I have a calendar on the wall, but it doesn't get as much use as a calendar I keep in my pocket to write down important dates and events on. By the end of the year, it is so tattered and held-together by tape from just being in my pocket 100% of the time...anyway, I'm with you on real calendars, I don't have a PDA or anything like that. Of course, I also don't have a cell phone.

--Cousin Robert

Becca said...

You are too funny! i too love a calendar i can write on! I use a small pocket size one!