Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wake up

Wow, has it really been two weeks since I was last here?! I've been waiting for some great pictures my father in law took from our Tahoe trip, but I guess I'm stuck with the few I was able to take with my camera.
Anyway, it was Aaron's dad's 60th birthday exactly a month ago and we got to celebrate with a trip to Lake Tahoe. We had some great friends who loaned us a lot of snow gear so the kids could stay snug and warm. It was Noah's first time in the snow and he wasn't too thrilled with it. The clunky boots and freezing hands made him want to be carried everywhere. Mia and Kai however, had a blast! We stopped at a snow park on our drive in and had some fun sledding, snowman assembling, and snow ball throwing. On Saturday we went up to Heavenly's snow park (expensive, but amazing). We rode the gondola and were greeted with blizzard like conditions. My kids thought it was awesome because it's not something they deal with every day. They have a great tubing hill there and even our hesitant Kai was game. He was so brave, after one trip down attached to his sister's tube he insisted on going alone. He LOVED it and we could hear him laughing the whole way. For Papa David's birthday dinner we went to the Blue Angel Cafe and everything there was delicious. I highly recommend it if you are ever in So. Tahoe.
We were planning on stopping at the snow park again on our way home, but traffic was AWFUL! IT ended up taking 7 1/2 hours to get home. YUCK!! The kids were good for the ride home and we made it safely which is really all that matters. It was a fun trip and a great way to celebrate great guy's birthday. I wish we could get back one more time during snow season, but we'll have to wait 'til next year.


On the way into Lake Tahoe:

Heavenly Village:

In the gondola going up, up, up:

Heading up to the tubing hill:

Almost their turn to go:

Can't get enough snow:

Shong's in the snow:

On the way home from Tahoe:

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I have been waiting for this post! Looks like a great time! Shong's in the snow are adorable!

Becca said...

I can't get over how much Noah looks like Aaron!!!! I love it!