Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving past, Christmas at last!

This summer when we first told the kids we were having a baby we tried to set up a timeline for them to grasp that the baby wasn't coming next week. So in July when I was telling them "first school has to start, then Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then New Years, then Noah's birthday, THEN the baby will be here." Christmas seemed very far off. I can't believe Thanksgiving was a week ago and Christmas is in three weeks! We had a nice low key Thanksgiving at Aaron's parents house. We had a lovely dinner. We got stuffed like we were supposed to. Would you like to know what my boys dinner consisted of? Turkey and rolls. That's it! Massive amounts of beautiful food laid out on the table and their plates had only beige food. Mia did a little bit better. They were just saving room for dessert. I was so thankful for the four day weekend we had to mostly hang out and relax. We slept in, did some good cleaning, went bowling, saw Tangled and got Christmas decorations up (excluding a tree). All in all, a great holiday. Now let's get Christmas past.


The Shong/Brown/Caltagirone/Garcia Thanksgiving


Nana and the boys


Mia and her auntie


Aaron and his uncles


Soon to be six silly Shongs

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Oh I love that silly picture!
We need to figure out when we're going to see you over Christmas. I am getting excited for little Eli to be here! Love you.