Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Aaron's first love...

Should I be jealous? She's beautiful. She's rich. She's available. They worked together for two summers and even though they had met each other before then, that's when he fell in love. I've known about her all along and the thing is I've been taken in by her charms as well. Our whole family rejoices whenever we go to visit her. Her name is Yosemite. Yosemite is beautiful whether she's covered in snow or sweltering hot. Yosemite is rich in history and gorgeous scenery. Yosemite is available to anyone who is willing to travel to where she is. We have been lucky enough to make the trip just about every year since Aaron and I were married. Our latest trip was Veteran's Day weekend and our time there left us all feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. It's so hard to not fall in love when you get to feel like that every time you go. So no, I'm not jealous. I'm thankful that Aaron introduced us and shared his first love with us.










2 comments:

Laura said...

Nate really wants to go to Yosemite. What time of year is the best to go? Where do you stay? I'll have to talk to you more about it if we go. It probably won't be until next summer.

Julie said...

May and Sept/Oct are great times to be there. The summer is nice, but it can get really crowded and hot. Plus you have to make reservations about a year ahead of time. Let me know if there's anything else you need to know.