This was also Mia's last year believing. At one point Mia asked me if I believed in leprechauns, and because I am ready to have someone take over the job of mischievous leprechaun I flat out told her "NO, I do not believe in leprechauns." In a tone of disbelief she asked "Well then who wrote all over us...YOU?" I just started laughing and laughing and she said "It was? It really was you?!" I felt bad because I could tell she really had believed and I was taking away a little bit of her childhood fantasy world, but she's almost 10, it was fun while it lasted. I have a feeling there is going to be one devilish leprechaun on the loose next St. Patrick's day!
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Leprechauns discovered!
Mia has a wild imagination and a faith that mystical creatures do exist. This includes leprechauns. I didn't grow up believing in them and I don't know when and why this tradition became popular, but every year on the eve of St. Patrick's Day leprechauns come to play tricks on all the little children. It's not my favorite thing to intentionally make some big mess, blame it on the leprechauns and then proceed to clean up the mess. The boys were "lucky" enough to get to make leprechaun traps as a school project-the project had to be completed at home (by parents). Anyway, I go along with it, but this year I was able to think of a trick that didn't require me to have to make a mess and the kids were delighted. They couldn't believe the leprechauns got away with their trick without even waking them up.




This was also Mia's last year believing. At one point Mia asked me if I believed in leprechauns, and because I am ready to have someone take over the job of mischievous leprechaun I flat out told her "NO, I do not believe in leprechauns." In a tone of disbelief she asked "Well then who wrote all over us...YOU?" I just started laughing and laughing and she said "It was? It really was you?!" I felt bad because I could tell she really had believed and I was taking away a little bit of her childhood fantasy world, but she's almost 10, it was fun while it lasted. I have a feeling there is going to be one devilish leprechaun on the loose next St. Patrick's day!
This was also Mia's last year believing. At one point Mia asked me if I believed in leprechauns, and because I am ready to have someone take over the job of mischievous leprechaun I flat out told her "NO, I do not believe in leprechauns." In a tone of disbelief she asked "Well then who wrote all over us...YOU?" I just started laughing and laughing and she said "It was? It really was you?!" I felt bad because I could tell she really had believed and I was taking away a little bit of her childhood fantasy world, but she's almost 10, it was fun while it lasted. I have a feeling there is going to be one devilish leprechaun on the loose next St. Patrick's day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's too funny. Your kids must be deep sleepers, well, all except Eli I suppose.
Post a Comment