![]() | Cool Slideshows! |
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Mia's a kindergartener...
Well, today we sent our oldest off to school. Aaron took the day off so he could be there. She's in kindergarten at Meadow Heights Elementary. I thought I was going to have a major meltdown the morning of, but I only cried the night before watching her sleep. We didn't realize there would be so much traffic so we were almost late dropping her off. That took some of the anxiety away from the actual "drop off" moment. It was so cute, the night before she laid out her first day outfit all on her own and then went right to bed at 8:30 no questions asked. For those of you who know Mia well, that was HUGE. She is a night owl and will stay up past midnight no problem if we let her. She was so excited for the big day -- not nervous at all. When we were talking about all the new friends she would make she just asked, "will they introduce themselves because I'm shy." I almost had to laugh out loud because she is not shy! I told her the teacher would make sure everyone would introduce themselves and she would have to introduce herself as well. The morning of the big day, she was up and dressed and at our bedside 5 minutes before the alarm went off. Her teacher's name is Ms Sibaila (suh-bay-lah) and she is a no nonsense lady. Not mean, just very orderly and professional. It's just what Mia needs. She's been a K teacher for 12 years and really knows what she's doing. Anyway, after we picked her up we had a celebratory lunch at Red Robin. Aaron let Mia pick anywhere she wanted (we were thinking along the lines of McDonalds or Wendy's). He couldn't refuse her after he had said ANYWHERE so, Red Robin it was. We tried to ask her what they did in class and she just said "I'm having trouble remembering". What? It had only been a half an hour since we picked her up. Oh well, we didn't get many details, but knew that she must have had fun because she was excited to go the next day. She had a great first day and now we have to keep this up for the rest of the year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
OMG Julie...too cute! That is awesome that Aaron took the day off to see his little girl go to school for the first time. I guess she finally got excited about going to school! Too cute that she laid out her own outfit and everything. Wow where has the time gone...is she really old enough to be in Kindergarten? I feel super old! Thanks for sharing such a HUGE milestone in all your lives. Miss and love you guys!
so cute! I love the laying out of the cloths! So funny! Oh the things kids get excited over!
Post a Comment