Sunday, September 2, 2007

Fuzzy Bunz



Our Noah is a lucky little guy. He is the only one of our three children that gets to rest his precious bum in soft fleecy diapers instead of crispy, crunchy disposables. I made the switch about four months ago to cloth diapers. It really had nothing to do with "going green"(although, I empty our diaper pail WAY less). It mostly had to do with the fact that he had explosive diapers and I ended up washing all of his yucky clothes anyway. So, no, I don't do a diaper service, I actually wash them all myself in washing machine, and yes, we still maintain a clean washer!
At first I was overwhelmed by all the cloth choices and terminology. These are NOT your mother's cloth diapers though. The type I use are all in one dipes. They are basically the same as a disposable diaper, but you use them over and over. I am happy to say we have had not one explosion since we switched. Well that's not totally true, there have been two in the very beginning and it was my fault for leaving the diaper on for too long and it couldn't hold anymore. You do have to change them more often, but come on, is that really a bad thing?! They contain odors better. Most of the time I can't even tell when he's dirty.
Cloth diapering is addictive too. The styles and prints are so cute I just want to keep buying more even though we have enough to get through a few days. We still use disposables for nighttime. To start your diaper collection it costs the same as buying 4-5 months worth of disposables. It's definitely not for everyone, but I am really happy doing it. I wish Kai wasn't so badly in between sizes because I would do it for him too. We aren't rushing to potty train him since he's a pretty lazy guy and I have a feeling it will be slow going if I start too soon. Maybe I'll just potty train him and Noah together...J/K!!!!!!! But seriously, look how cute they are.

2 comments:

Jillyboo said...

I've had fun reading your blog... its addictive isn't it? I am excited to keep in touch and see all thats going on with you and your family. How is 3 going?

Becca said...

cute little butt!!!! So glad to hear it's going well! I'd consider it but we are so close to potty training! maybe the next one!