Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I just couldn't let today pass without saying thank you to all the police and firefighters who's job it is to protect and serve their communities. I also want to thank all the service men and woman at home or abroad. I hope September 11th doesn't just turn into another day that goes by. It really altered our nation's history in more ways than one. So many families had their lives turned upside down by these events and my heart goes out to them. I remember I was newly pregnant with Mia and thinking to myself that day, "what kind of world are our children coming into, why would people do this?" While the weeks that came after were painful to hear about, I also loved watching our whole nation coming together for one purpose. I loved seeing American flags on every house, in windows of cars and stores. I loved having a national day of prayer where nobody protested, but prayed anyway even if they were different religions or whatever. It was then I realized our children are coming into an amazing world. Today my thoughts are with all those in NYC, DC and in a Pennsylvania field celebrating their loved ones lives.

2 comments:

AnieCooper said...

Well put Jewelz!

My Uncle is getting deployed next month for 18months! I am so sad that he is going to be there that long, but I am so thankful for him and all the people that put their lives on the line for our freedom. I am so proud of him and everyone.

Becca said...

What a great post ! I too felt a reverence yesterday. I was sad to admit that I woke up nit remembering the day and it's history. It wasn't till I was reminded on tv that I was moved to tears just thinking about it again.

we surely need to fight for the nation we live in!I love this country! I love my freedoms and I am forever indebted to those how help protect it!