Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Best gift ever!

Okay, so today was a pretty good day. As a gift to myself I didn't clean up anything around the house except for when Kai dumped the box of Better Cheddars out. I let everything lay where it fell and boy do I have a mess to clean up tomorrow! I can't believe I'm going to put these up, but I took pictures of my house and how it looks when I don't go around and pick up all the little messes. I didn't even believe how much picking up I do throughout the day until I starting taking these pictures.






Even though it was nice to not pick up all day long, it wasn't the best gift ever I was eluding to in the title. No, the best gift came from my little 5 3/4 year old daughter. She completely picked it out on her own when Aaron took her to the mall. He actually said she agonized over it, going back and forth. When I opened it and saw what she had given me, I wanted to burst out laughing, but then I realized how wonderful this gift must have seemed to a nearly six year old girl. I could just see the excitement in her eyes as I unwrapped each bauble. Everything was very fancy and if I'm going to a prom anytime soon, I'm set!



I know some of you will appreciate this more than others (Rebecca), but can you just picture this sweet little girl picking out all this fascinating jewelry for her mom? When I think about that it's so hard to consider taking it back, but really when am I going to wear any of it. So I'll probably keep two things and take the rest back. So what should I keep?

6 comments:

Whitney said...

That is the cutest thing ever! What a wondferful little girl you have! Tough call on what to keep! I say just keep it all, Mia will like playing with it.

Jodee said...

That is so sweet of her! I say keep it all too, Mia is going to want to see you wear it and if your not, she may want to.

Maria and Ryan said...

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that big blue flower is a keeper for sure! What a sweetie! So what did Aaron get you?

Becca said...

oh I am dying that is the best!!! I can so see her at the store trying to pick out the perfect gift!!! I want to see you wearing it all at the same time!!

You should take her out on a special mommy daughter date and wear it!!! or just wear it around the house and make special efforts to bring her attention to the fact that you "love it!" save something for a white elephant gift!

AnieCooper said...

Awww how sweet!!! I agree let her play dressup :) I was laughing as I saw it, but I can just picture her trying to pick out the best thing for her mommy!

Looking at the pics of you house made me tired! You must be constantly picking things up all day...no wonder it was your gift to you! HAHA

Well, I'm glad you had a great birthday! I still wish you were here so we could celebrate our birthdays together! Miss you and love you :)

K said...

Happy Happy Birthday Julie! I think those are both great gifts! I hope as part of your gift someone else had the priviledge of picking up everything you didn't pick up during the day! HA!