Friday, June 20, 2008

Feeling neglected?

So we have had two recent occasions that were "blog worthy" of Aaron, however both have passed and I still haven't mentioned him. The first was his birthday. He turned 33 on May 31. I was planning on doing a nice little birthday blog for him, HOWEVER...he snubbed my birthday gift to him and we ended up in a little spat that day. So, would you like to know what he snubbed? Here it is


Yes, a 47" LCD flat screen TV, that his cousin mounted on the wall for him, so when he came home it was ready to go! I thought he was going to be thrilled. Instead he came in saw it, sat down, watched TV, didn't say thank you then later when I asked him what he thought he said "it isn't what I envisioned." GRRRR! I about lost it. Not only did he get the new TV he had mentioned, but it was completely installed. I hadn't just given it to him in a box with a bow and left all the work up to him. So I was disappointed, I mean how many other husbands would have been doing cartwheels? But, whatever, he got over it and loves it now. For his birthday with the kids we went to a little festival and ate all the carnie food our little hearts desired.



Then for his "grown up" birthday celebration we went to a local fondue restaurant with Aaron's sister Amber, his cousin Chelsea and some longtime friends Austin and Beth. It was so much fun, we sat and ate and talked for three hours with no kids!


The second occasion that I failed to honor Aaron over was Father's Day. He is the hardest working father I have ever met. He is such a family man and loves his kids more than anything. I really lucked out getting such a great man to be the father of my children. He even proved his fatherly devotion that day, when Kai ate some peanuts in nursery. I rushed home, called the pediatrician, then said to bring him in. Aaron was adamant about being the one to take him, so off they went. I told him I would go so he could stay home, eat lunch and get a nap, but his mind was made up. The pediatrician sent them to the ER (yes, AGAIN) where they were able to get enough medication in him and monitor Kai well enough that they were able to make it home for Father's Day dinner. I was very happy they did too because my cousin Trevor and his wife Lindsay came with their new little boy, Calvin. They are here for the summer on an internship. It was great having their little family with us to celebrate. So here's to Aaron!! Sorry it took me so long.



3 comments:

Becca said...

the birthday downer but he loves it now so that's all that matters!!! I've been guilty of doing that accidentally to Mike and I still can't live it down!!!

Becca said...

that should have started "Sorry for "

AnieCooper said...

I'm glad that Aaron likes his gift now..I know how upset you were when his reaction wasn't what you had hoped for...

Poor Kai having to go to the ER again! What a dad though :) Aaron definitely should get an award.

Can't wait to see you SOOOOO soon :) Love u sweetie :0