



Seriously, I don't know what to do. Around here it inched up to $4/gal, I think most of the stations were afraid to "go there". Prices at our cheapest stations stayed at 3.89 then 3.99 for a week each, but once it crossed the $4 mark there has been NO stopping it. Every day I drive past the station is has gone up 4, 5, 6, 7 cents. It was $4.25 yesterday and I'm really hoping it still is today since I should gas up, ack! I've been trying to fill up at 1/2 tank so it doesn't hurt the wallet so hard at one time.
I keep hearing about people cutting down on driving, but really all the driving we do is pretty non-negotiable. Taking kids to school, getting groceries, going to work, we don't do much "let's go on a nice Sunday drive" driving. I guess you could call our two, 400 mile road trips this summer our expendable driving. That's 800 miles round trip each, for a total of 1600 miles total, plus the driving we do once we arrive at our destinations. We're driving down to my parents at the end of June, and then mid-August we're going on a boating trip to Lake Trinity, but I'm wondering if that might get scrapped due to the fact they just declared California in a drought. Trinity might not have much water in it for us to ski on.
You know what really drives me crazy though? How gas shoots up 5 cents a day, but then when it starts to go down, it's penny by penny and like once or twice a week, it's a conspiracy! Here I sit complaining about gas (which it is really aggravating for the average person), but I can't imagine if I was a farmer or a trucker where gas isn't a luxury, but a necessity for their livelihood. I wish we hadn't become so dependent in the first place because this sucks!
BTW: Gas was 4.27 when I went back today and the lines were out the driveways, so I'm going back later tonight, hopefully it won't be up to $4.30 by then!
No comments:
Post a Comment