Sunday, August 30, 2009

Farewell footloose and fancy free days.

Well, this is it! Our last day before the new school year begins. Our days of lounging around in our pj's, late movie nights and long mornings in bed are up. Tomorrow my alarm will go off earlier than it has in two months and I will proceed to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off for the next hour getting ready for the first day of school. I should be grateful, summer was a little longer than it usually is. So tomorrow it's back to the grind, not just for the kids, but for me too. I'm teaching preschool again this year. I'm about to find out if I can create 48 new file folders, then stuff each one with the endless amount of back to school papers that a new school year brings, write names on nametags, fold three loads of laundry and straighten my hair before I go to bed tonight.
Mia's got that excited, anxiety about returning to school, so I'm sure she'll take forever to fall asleep tonight. She's so happy she got the teacher she wanted, and she'll have more friends in her class this year. Last year she was in a 1st/2nd combo class and she's very happy to be in an all one grade classroom this year. I can't believe I am the mother to a second grader!
Kai's also starting pre-k and I'm excited to see how he'll do. I'm hoping for a lot of growth since he's behind. As of right now I'll hold him back another year before starting kindergarten. With any luck, a desire on Kai's part and a knowledgeable teacher, he'll progress enough to start kindergarten next year.
I'm also happy I'll have some one on one time with my little Noah. I only work mornings and Kai's pre-k is in the afternoon, so from 12:30 to 2:30 it's mom and Noah time. It'll be the first time since he was born it'll be just he and I on a regular basis.
Wish us luck, I'll be back to let you know how it all goes down.

1 comment:

AnieCooper said...

I seriously don't know how you do it all! I've been back to work this week and exhausted with just one ;) Mucho kudos to you my dear friend! So excited for you to have some one on one time with little Noah! How fun for you both. And when the heck did Mia get to be a 2nd grader?!?! Seriously are we getting that old already ;) Miss you! love u!