A little update on what's going on around here.
Mia started 3rd grade and absolutely adores her teacher, Ms Fil. At her school they have a long standing tradition for the 3rd graders called Historic Halloween. All the 3rd graders pick an actual person from history to report on and dress up as. We already had Mia's greek godess costume when this assignment rolled around so to get good use out of it I went back to ancient Rome (figured the clothing was similar) and found Julia Caeser, Julius Caeser's ONLY child in marriage. Mia enjoyed the assignment and the class presentation was really cute. Mia also just finished her fourth year of soccer. This year her team was "The Monsterz" they started out strong, but kind of fell apart by the end of the season. By fall apart, I mean only 6 girls showing up to games and practices. Those poor girls were playing games 6 on 10 with no subs. Aaron and I figured it with AYSO every other year is good. Last year was good, this year wasn't, so next year should be good again.
Kai is in Pre-K and I can't tell you how relieved I am that we decided to wait and put him in kindergarten next year! Socially, emotionally and educationally he is where he belongs. Kai loves music, he loves dancing, he loves having friends, what Kai doesn't love is "learning". He regularly tells me "mom, I don't want to learn, I just want to play." Whether we're trying to do letters, writing or math he see's through the disguises I put on the subjects and does his best of getting out of doing them. It worries me a little that learning doesn't come easy to him. I don't want him to always hate school. He already pretends to be sick, he is a champion at forced throw up. He knows it gets him out of doing things he doesn't want to do. He'll make himself throw up and say "see, I'm sick, I can't go to school." He did it tonight actually after I told him 1.)No, you can't wear your costume to school tomorrow. 2.) No, it's not show and tell day. Well wouldn't you know, not 5 minutes later he throws up and tells me he guesses he can't go to school. That kid has the sweetest side, but sometimes he can drive me bonkers!
Noah has been our comic relief as of late. He just loves making us laugh and he will do just about anything to get a chuckle out of us. His finger is almost better and he just started going with no bandage at all on it. It's going to look a little different, but at least he has the whole thing. He truly has been a tough guy through all of this and it doesn't stop there. He and Kai had just gotten their flu shots and Noah looks over at Kai and goes "Kai, stop crying, you're giving me a headache." I'm so happy that Noah is finally started school and getting to make his own friends! He had to borrow Kai's friends and is always the third wheel for playdates, it so nice that he is making his own buddies. He's in my preschool class and is every bit as independent in the class as he is at home.
Aaron and I are doing well. Aaron says this is the easiest time he's ever had working at the airlines. Flight schedules are lighters which means he spends more time in the break room watching TV. We also got a new truck! It's a Toyota Tundra and it seats 6! Aaron finally talked me into it. I loved having no car payments, but he said his truck was pretty much worthess as a family vehicle because he can only fit two other people in it. Now we have a great back up when my car's in the shop or just as another option to take camping. I have to admit I like the idea of throwing all that gear in the back, while our whole family can be in the cab. That 6th spot is only 3 1/2 months away from being taken up. I'm definitely showing now, strangers are no longer afraid to ask if I'm expecting. The kids love feeling him kick and bump. It is so different having all the kids understand what's going on, I'm excited to see what it will be like when he actually gets here. Halloween was great, but I'm very glad it's over. We had some kind of Halloween event every day from Wednesday to Sunday. Mia was tired of wearing her costume, she actually asked if she could be something else on Halloween night, but there was no going back at that point. Up next is our Yosemite trip, I'm so looking forward to a weekend away!

No comments:
Post a Comment