Friday, October 22, 2010

Vent

This is just me complaining and recording it so I can look back and laugh at myself. No need to read on if you were wondering what's going on around here.

I hate being pregnant. When I was in the hospital and had just delivered Noah, I was so relieved to not be pregnant anymore. Who said pregnancy is beautiful? A miracle, yes. Beautiful, no. Since when does getting fat, feeling sick and exhausted, bleeding gums and noses, gas, heartburn, bloating, waddling, vericose veins, stretch marks, and an achy body equal beauty? It's not just this pregnancy either, I've never enjoyed these 9 months. Oh, and maternity clothes SUCK! It's the only time in my life I would prefer to be a man.

Mia wanted a sister this time. She was disappointed that we're having another boy. I felt disappointed for her. I had many reasons for wanting another boy, and two reasons for wanting another girl. First, my sister is my best friend and I wish Mia could grow up with a sister. Second, girls are much more fun to dress. Girl clothes are always cuter, no matter what age. Mia's 8 year old clothing will be cuter than the clothes Kai wears when he's 8, it's just the way it is. It is also a reason why I wanted a boy because I will save A LOT on clothing. Not because I have all my boys hand me downs, I actually don't, I'd given all the baby clothes away. I still have to buy for a boy, but I'm much less gaga over the boys section. Mia felt the same. I took her out for some retail therapy. I thought letting her pick out any outfit she liked for her new brother might help her get over some disappointment. It totally backfired! She kept picking up girl clothes and saying "look how cute this is" "aww, I wish we were having a girl". She's gotten better now, but I know she would have no problem with the ultrasounds being wrong.

Why can't I just be lazy without feeling guilty? I feel so bad for sitting on my butt on the computer or watching TV even if I'm really tired or not feeling well. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be lazy, but I wish I didn't have the feeling that I should be up doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms or taking my kids to the park. Anyone know how to ENJOY a lazy day?

I want to get away. Aaron and I had our 10 year anniversary and earlier this year we were thinking of going Paris or Athens to celebrate. Then with the combination of getting pregnant and realizing how hard it was going to be to get 8+ days off between all of our jobs it would be better just going with our great standby of Hawaii. We had two sets of dates that we thought would work...they have both passed. I'm afraid if we go in November or December, the last months I can travel, it will be raining the whole time. Aaron's also taken a couple unexpected trips that have eaten up some of the vacations funds. Not to mention Christmas is around the corner. Blah, I need to get away from here!

There is some drama going on at Mia's school that is ridiculous! I am a "work it out" type parent. If Mia comes home and tells me about a problem she has with another child, I tell her to work it out. I don't try and fix it for her. I don't inform the parent of the other child what's going on between them. Well not all the parents in her grade are the same. There are two moms who are basically at war with each other and Mia is friends with both girls. Both moms are trying to "recruit" people to their sides and I want nothing to do with it. Just yesterday Mia saw one of the moms involved yelling at the principal over the situation. Really?! This is third grade! I'm trying to save all the stress over the social scene for the high school years when I know it can get really nasty. I wish I could just tell them how stupid they are both being, but that would mean getting involved which I don't plan on doing.

I hate cooking. I don't know how my mom did it for 25+ years. I'm on year 6, maybe 7 and I am completely over it. I look for easy outs every night. I know people that make their own sauces, marinades, homemade pasta and bread and it astounds me. Any way I can possibly make dinner easier and less messy I take. I always take Friday and Saturday off and instead of being grateful for my "time off" all I do is dread Sunday when I know I have to cook again. I wish I felt the enjoyment some people get out of cooking. I wish I could take pride in how my table looked and what I'm serving. I wish I was a talented cook that loved spending time in the kitchen. Or I wish I had a spouse who did. Instead it's on my list of daily chores and annoyannces and a spouse who can't make spaghettios.

Wow, I just spent an hour complaining. I promise my next post will be more positive. It's nice to get it out of my system. Now on with life.

5 comments:

K said...

I'm sorry Julie. I agree that pregnancy is miserable and only the baby at the end makes it all worth it. I also don't enjoy to cook. I think it's a chore too and envy people who enjoy it. I hope venting helped you to feel a little better.

K said...

BTW, thanks for always being so kind to me and cooking for me even when you don't like it. And since I keep forgetting to ask, I really need that pasta recipe.

K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

It's ok to complain and vent sometimes, but it's really hard for me to read about you complain about pregnancy. That is the one thing that I long for most in my life and it's something I may not ever get to experience. I know that I can have a baby someday, somehow, but I may not ever experience pregnancy and that kills me. I know that it is not fun, but when you know you might not ever get to experience something that is supposed to be so natural and miraculous for a woman, it's hard to feel sympathy for women who complain about all the side effects of pregnancy. If I ever am blessed to be pregnant I will cherish every moment of nausea. I can't stand it when women tell me "pregnancy isn't that great, you aren't missing anything." I am missing EVERYTHING!!!

Maria and Ryan said...

Hang in there, Julie! Wish I could be there to give you a big hug! Love you!