Friday, April 4, 2008

Auto part thieves

Okay, so I was really mad when I wrote that letter to the thieves, it's not like we're in dire straits and can't afford groceries now, just a bummer, pain in the butt type of deal.
Haha! So I took Rebecca's suggestion and emailed the letter to the thieves to our local paper and they actually want to do a story! I was shocked, I really didn't think it would go anywhere, but it is just the county paper not like the San Francisco or New York Times. Anyway, a photographer just came out today and took pictures of Aaron, Mia and me standing out by his truck. He told us we shouldn't smile, so I felt like such a doofus standing there trying not to smile all the while I'm thinking of the conversation Rebecca and I had about not wanting the photo to come out looking like we suffered some catastrophic tragedy, which made me want to smile even more. At least he didn't ask us to actually frown or put my head on Aaron's shoulder because that would have been too much!
Anyway, to update the situation a little more, we know the thieves drove a Ford Explorer because our neighbor saw them! He just thought it was Aaron and his friend working on his truck. I don't know why he thought anyone would be working on their car that late, but that's what he said. He also didn't get a plate # or physical description because again he just thought it was Aaron.
We also got a good deal on a new part through Aaron's work buddy. So we're only out $250 instead of $500, but still not really the way we would like to spend $250, ya know?! We joked with Aaron's co-worker and said that his connection was probably the thief and he was just installing the stolen parts back on. NOOOO, really it's shiny and new.
Also the new part gets welded on, they can't just come and take it off like they did last time. So that's a relief. If the story does get published, I'll post a link.

1 comment:

Becca said...

oh man I'm so laughing at the photo session thought of you and Aaron. I know exactly what you were thinking! I love it! can't wait to read the article!