Death at a Funeral: You MUST, I repeat MUST see this movie. I only rented it because I like Matthew McFayden (Mr. Darcy in the latest Pride & Prejudice movie) and I was in for the surprise of a lifetime. I laughed so hard tears were coming down my face. Aaron and I liked it so much we watched it twice in a row! It's only and hour and 25 minutes which is another reason we could stand to do it. Why is it that cussing doesn't sound as vulgar in English movies?? Anyway, this movie is a crack up, Aaron and I have to buy it.

August Rush: I liked it. I thought the little kid in it was really good. I actually thought the whole cast did a great job even Robin Williams who was a creepy child abuser of sorts. Everyone was very passionate in the movie. I fell in love with Jonathan Rhys Meyers, I'm a sucker for accents.
Atonement: A let down. Not that it wasn't a good movie for some people. I was just dying to see when it was in the theater, but didn't get to, now I'm glad I didn't spend the $10 for a ticket. I was expecting a sweeping romance and that's not really how it turned out. Kind of slow and choppy for me.
Nancy Drew: STOOPID, I want that 90 minutes of my life back!
Jane Austen Book Club: Two thumbs up! I enjoyed all the different stories that were intertwined. Just like a Jane Austen novel there is pain, but things work out one way or another in the end. I love JA and this movie really made me want to read Persuasion, one of her novels I've never picked up.
I am Legend: Eh? Another let down for me. The visual effects made me feel like I was watching a video game not a movie. Just not my cup of tea.
Dan in Real life: So cute and fun! I loved the family, the games they played and the camaraderie between them. Steve Carrell was awesome, this is another one I'd like to buy. "You are a murderer of love!!"
I forgot one...Enchanted: Cute and creative. I loved Disney making fun of itself and it's typical princess romances, pretty funny.
Anyway there it is and I'm really looking forward to Juno coming out!
7 comments:
Hey Julie! It's fun to see you and your family! Your kids are darling!! I hadn't heard of Death at a Funeral. I just saw Dan in Real Life and I loved it too. Thanks for the tip on Nancy Drew. I won't bother now!
So you are just now in love with Jonathon Rhys Meyers? He is dreamy!Haha. Have you seen Match Point? It's good! I'll have to put some of those movies on my Netflix queue. Juno is great! Definitely one to add to the collection.
Hi Julie! Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog (Trevor and Lindsay's). We would love to get together with your family when we are living in California this summer!
Seems I had a blog troll :P
what a fun review!!! I'll for sure rent tohe movies you suggested! I loved DAn in real life too. How funny was it when the hwhole family started doing a work out in teh front lawn!!!Too funny! I love stuff like that and for Steve to not be his typical type cast self was refreshing!!
sorry for all the spelling errors!
Post a Comment