We spent Father's Day weekend at Don Pedro Lake. It is a large resevoir in between San Francisco and Yosemite. We really love the campgrounds there because there are lots of nice camp sites, lake access, and the big bonus is a swimming lagoon where the kids can swim and play that isn't as intimidating as the lake. We always have a good time the only problem is a weekend isn't long enough. You take a whole day to pack and load, then you set everything up and you're taking it all down again before you know it. It would have been nice to have one more night, even with the baby not being happy. Does that surprise anyone, that Eli wasn't a happy camper? Not us. However, he slept really well because he was so tuckered out from crying all day. It didn't stop us though, we just carted him along whether he liked it or not. We used our new 10 person tent with hinged door and it was awesome! Although, I don't know how it could actually fit 10? Aaron also got a remote control boat for his birthday and that was a lot of fun to take out on the lake. The kids liked pretending it was a shark in the water. We hope we can go back one more time before summer's over.
I have been dealt a great hand. I married my best friend in September, 2000. Together, we have welcomed four children into our family. Being a mom is better than I ever imagined (harder too). We're settled in NorCal even though I miss my SoCal roots.
No comments:
Post a Comment