Thursday, October 25, 2007

I loathe Wells Fargo

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Most people pick a bank and it's done, no big deal. You deposit money, you withdraw money it's not exactly rocket science. For the past 10 years I have used Wells Fargo bank and I have never experienced stellar service, but nothing really to complain about. However in the past year, actually past two years, I have had nothing but bad experiences. From ridiculous fees, to credit card issues, and incompetent customer service agents, I just don't know why I have stayed for so long. Today my incident at Wells Fargo though is the straw that broke the camels back! First I get there with my two boys in the car, I park right in front of the ATM and get out to deposit Aaron's check. I notice they have a new non-envelope deposit feature, so at first I think "cool, no more envelopes to fill out." WRONG, not cool. As I'm sitting there playing peek-a-boo with Kai from the ATM waiting for the check to be deposited, the machine spits the check back out and tells me it has been rejected (can't be read). So I try again, same thing. CRAP, now I have to unload two little boys and haul them into the bank - I hate technology! Then I get in there, fill out my deposit slip and am first in line. There are like 8 tellers behind the counter and only one open! I'm running late now to pick up Mia because I thought it would be a quick ATM stop. Finally it's my turn and I hand the teller the check, I politely tell her I'm not a fan of the new envelope-less deposit system(I promise I was polite) and she gives me this look like I am the worst person alive. My check can be read fine from the teller desk and of course she can't tell me why it didn't work from the ATM. Anyway, we leave the bank and I turn around Kai is 15 feet behind me looking at the writing area where they used to store the envelopes, and little do I know they turned this "island" into a trash can. There is a door that opens on the writing island so you can remove the trash can inside and empty it. Kai is swinging the door (it's not locked for some reason) and then the trash can falls out spilling half of the can's contents. So here I am with a baby on my hip and a two year old at my side trying to collect all the trash and put it back before it blows away. This trash/writing area is right outside of the banks front door which is all glass and I'm sure bank employees saw what happened (there were four ladies standing behind the desk right next to the door.) and not one of them came out to help. A customer came out and actually helped me half way through it and I was very grateful. I was so ticked at the employees at this point I wanted to take the garbage and dump it inside the banks front door and leave-I didn't of course. I don't usually complain about not getting help, but I just felt so pathetic try to pick up all this trash with two little children by my side, I never could have sat and just watched that happen to someone. The next time I go into Wells Fargo it will be to close my account there. I've decided to go with Washington Mutual, free checks for life, and free online banking sounds good to me. I figure they can't be any worse than what I've already experienced. This was a long time coming and I think this is what I needed to finally get me off my duff and go somewhere else. Ahhh, feels good to vent.

5 comments:

K said...

Boy, have I had similar experiences. We already ditched one bank since we moved here. We are mostly happy with the bank we currently use, bue I've had to boycott their bank branch in Belmont due to awful customer service and go to the San Mateo one instead, which is way better! I wish there was a better alternative to traditional banking!

AnieCooper said...

I hate banks too! Can't believe nobody came out to help! That is RUDE!!! I'm glad you didn't change to BofA they SUCK too! I do like OCTFCU :)

Tony Calabria & Melissa Froemming Calabria said...

ohmygosh, what a nightmare! I hate banks too, and credit unions are only slightly better. If I were you I would've left the trash. I'm very impressed with how kind you were considering the situation. What a good example! :)

Becca said...

nightmare!!! I'd switch banks if I were you!!!

thankfully we have had no problems with wells but it might help being an employee!

Liz said...

How sad, I do not like my bank either. Everytime I go to my bank, Max grabs the pen (the one on the chain at each teller) and plays with it and on multiple times I have been asked to not let him play with it!! I just want to tell them..."Well, if you had a freaking drive through we would not have this problem!!...and who is this kids mom anyway?!!" Do you know a good bank with a drive through? They seem to have disapeared!