Friday, October 12, 2007

Mia updates: kindergarten and soccer

Well, Mia has been in school for almost two months now. She is having a really good time. They started getting homework. Basically it's doing two "book reports" a week. We read a book together and then she has to draw a picture and write a sentence about the book or her favorite part, or whatever. Her two favorite things to do during recess are playing soccer with the boys or chasing the boys with Thea...either way I guess she's running after boys. Can we just say UH-OH! I get to volunteer in her class the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays (thanks to Aaron's cousin watching the boys). It's been fun watching her and seeing how independent she has become.
On the soccer front, things are going well. There is one little girl from her K class on the team and she just loves her teammates. Still no goals and she still hasn't let any opposing goals in when she's goalie. We're seeing some HUGE 6 year olds now that she's played a few more teams. I want to see some of their birth certificates! In her game two weeks ago Mia was able to keep up with one the big girls and I think this girl didn't like it because she kept pushing Mia. At first Mia was surprised, but then she started shoving back. I was a little disappointed. I didn't want to have to explain at this age why sometimes pushing is allowed and other times it's not. I mean I'm glad she didn't let the girl bully her, but I didn't think she would be in those situations in this age division. We have a lot of fun cheering on the mermaids and next week it's our turn to bring orange wedges and snack ;) The pics are a little distorted, but I couldn't make them fit on my page without resizing them and I had to share.

8 beautiful soccer stars


First school picture

2 comments:

AnieCooper said...

Yeah an update on Mia! Glad to hear she is doing well in school and soccer. The pics are too cute! So where is mine hehe...jk I am sure you have a ton of fam you need to give them to ;) I can't believe how fast school is going already! Well, hope you have a great weekend! xoxox

Becca said...

school pictures already!!! I can't believe it!