So you think my first post in a week would be about our amazing Yosemite trip or a picture overload of the kids on Halloween, but NOPE, my first post back is about how incredibly happy I am that Taco Bell has brought back their chili cheese burrito aka chilito! They have been off the menu for 6 years now and the reason I know this is because I was craving them big time during my pregnancy with Mia. I went in one day to get one and they told me they had removed it from the menu. I was so sad I almost wrote the company-mind you I was 5 months pregnant and very hormonal. The funny thing is that Aaron loves them too, and was just as bummed when they did away with them. Anyway, yesterday I went into Taco Bell for a quick lunch and I saw signs everywhere for "chili up your nachos". I had a thought...what if they put the chili in a burrito with some cheese instead! I called Aaron and he said-get me 2. The best thing is that it tasted like the same recipe chili, so it really was like the same old chilitos. It was funny because while Aaron was diving into his, he was like "I have to call Adam and Aaron and tell them about this." Which is actually what made me think to blog on our return favorite Taco Bell menu item. Thank you TB for bringing the chili cheese burrito out of retirement :0)
--I also want to add what a lazy wife and mother I am being today. Our house looks like a tornado hit it after Halloween yesterday, and I don't plan on doing much about it today since I feel so wiped out. I also have not unpacked from our weekend trip. I kid you not. I have started laundry, but all the clean clothes that are in suitcases are still sitting out in the garage. We also woke up a half hour late this morning so Mia was late for school this morning and was mortified that she had to go to the office first and get a tardy slip. She wouldn't even hand it to her teacher, I had to do it. Then we get home, I feed Noah and jump on the computer. Kai has had no breakfast, I am not joking I hand him his trick or treat bag and let him go to town. So far I have opened two crunch bars, m&m's and a tootsie pop for him. Oh, and he is still in his pj's and I'm going to let him watch TV ALL day. Great mom, huh! HMMM, I wonder what's for lunch?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WHAT!!!!THE CHILITO!!! have you told Starla!!!! I am almost tempted to throw the kids in the car and head back this very second!!!
Now... is it on the menu or did you have to ask for it special order style? pleas email me with this valuable information!!!!!
HAHA I think this is HILARIOUS! That was seriously what I ate for lunch for ever in HS! I actually had one the other day...J and I were SOOOOOO excited! You seriously would have thought I won the lottery..I was super excited! I think it is so funny how all of us are so happy about this haha! xoxoxo
Julie - I just found your blog and wanted to drop a line and say hi. Your family looks great and seems things are going well. My blog can be found at www.the-coffeys.com. Isn't blogger the best? My eamil is nacoffey@gmail.com. Drop me a line sometime.
Post a Comment