Friday, November 9, 2007

Thank you librarian!


I've posted before about how Mia brings a book home from the school library every day and her homework is to read it. She has to do a sort of mini-book report on 2 of the 5 books. Well the book that was sent home yesterday was one of my favorites. It was a great story of generosity between families after WWII (based on actual events). Hard to believe it's a children's story, but it is. The book's title is Boxes for Katje. It was a touching story and I was literally holding back tears as I finished the book. I didn't want to end up explaining how books can make us cry to Mia so I did my best. If you are in the library with your kids or Barnes and Noble I encourage you to find it and read it. Being that it's a children's book it's a super quick read for us adults and it will leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling.

No comments: