Sunday, November 25, 2007

Over already???

I can't believe how quickly Thanksgiving came and went! We had a fun filled weekend and we're SO GLAD that Nana Carol, Papa Jeff, auntie Whitney, and uncle Rhett made the trip up to see us. They left early Wednesday morning to beat the traffic and made it in time to have lunch with us that day. Mia's kindergarten class had a little feast complete with a live preformance of "She'll be coming around the mountain" and "5 fat turkeys". They were all dressed up like pilgrims and Indians and looked great! Then, you can't imagine how excited the kids were to arrive home from school to see the visitors standing on our front lawn! We took them to Ah Sam's (a local florist) because the shop is all decorated for Christmas, including around 10 trees decked out with unique ornaments which my mom loves. They also have a corner all set up for family photo ops - free, no purchase necessary :)
The next day started early with my mom and I heading up to Aaron's parents' house to start the big feast. We wanted to get dinner on the table in time for Aaron to eat. Of course he didn't have the night off from the airport, but he was able to eat with us nonetheless. We had a 22 pound bird and 17 people to feed. It was so much fun having everyone together for such a beautiful meal.
Friday we decided to skip the shopping since none of the sales had any stand out items on our Christmas lists. Instead we had a yummy breakfast and went into San Francisco and strolled through the botanical gardens at Golden Gate park. Then we had a picnic and watched the kids play.
Saturday we took a trip down to Santa Cruz. There we met up with Whitney's fiancee Adam, and his family. They had prepared a wonderful brunch and we all got to know each other better. Mia REALLY warmed up to Adam's sister, Katie, and only wanted Katie to take her on all the rides when we went down to the Boardwalk.
We had a fantastic four days and although it wasn't fun to say goodbye, we know it will only be 35 more days until we meet up with everyone again. We're going to SoCal for New Year's and of course the main event...Whitney and Adam's wedding! Only 40 more days sis :) For now we'll deal with the Christmas countdown. We hope everyone had as enjoyable Thanksgiving as we did.

5 comments:

kiera said...

pretty soon christmas will be over already! :( cute photos!

Becca said...

fun week together!!! I miss San Fran every time I hear about it!!! Ah I can smell the homeless people already just thinking about it!!!!

That flower shop sounds awesome! Great photos.

I miss you!

AnieCooper said...

Hey! Love all the photos and so glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving! Can't wait for you to come and visit! So are we really going to get together both days??? That would be soooo awesome!!! I can't wait to spend time with you :) Miss and love you guys!

Jillyboo said...

looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving. I cant believe how big your kids look to me. Its as though you youngest grew 6 months in 2 weeks time... amazing.
And Whit's getting married? I'll have to tell Megan, thats such great news. I love her.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your Mom. She was one of my favorite YW leaders. Please tell her hello for me.

Glad you had a great tThanksgiving. Holidays are when I notice how far we live from our own families. Hopefully we can get back to CA, and soon!